Ryan Vs. The Red Coats

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Creation of Knowledge






Yesterday I went out into the Peak District to take pollen cores, see different archaeological features, and do some profile work. Finally I had real grass underneath my feet and the sound of running water in my ears. As I was sludging through a peat bog and hiking up hills and playing in the mud something occurred to me. I've left my family, my friends, the woman I love with all of my heart, and I've spent all of my savings doing so. How and why could I do something as stupid as that? Why do I wake up everyday with an ache in my chest, lonely, tired? I left it all behind because I love archaeology. I love playing in the mud and trudging through fields. No longer will I be a consumer of knowledge. From this day forward I am a creator of knowledge. Today I join the Great Conversation. Will my longing settle...someday. Is it all worth it...only time will tell. One way or another my love of archaeology has been rekindled and I'm ready to see where it takes me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Only cool people have pictures of profiles on their blog.




I hadn't realised Big Moor was such a life shaking event for you. Hope that kind of drama has passed.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home